We offer hotel brands that appeal to guests with different needs and
tastes and have built a portfolio of global brands, growing alongside innovative new brands.
The hotel industry is usually split into segments based upon price point and consumer expectations. IHG is focused on the three segments that together generate over 90 per cent of branded hotel revenues, namely: midscale (broadly three star hotels), upscale (mostly four star), and luxury (five star).
To reflect emerging consumer trends, during 2011 IHG developed two new brands, with one focused on the sizable US midscale market, and the other tailored towards Chinese guests. We expect to launch these brands in 2012, with the first hotels to open from 2013.
As at 31 December 2011, IHG's portfolio of brands included: InterContinental Hotels & Resorts is IHG's five star brand located
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts is IHG's five star brand located in key cities and resort destinations across more than 60 countries worldwide. With over 60 years of experience, our talented people, supported by outstanding facilities, help us differentiate in a competitive segment by understanding that well-travelled and affluent people want to be connected to what is special about a hotel and its destination. The brand's ethos is to empower our people to share their knowledge so guests further enjoy great experiences that enrich their lives, broaden their outlook, and make the most of their time with us. Hotels under this brand tend to be managed by IHG;
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts factsheet (PDF 1.02Mb)
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, in the upscale four star segment, specialises in offering modern business and meeting facilities with a unique service style to provide productive and energising
experiences to guests who live life to the fullest and believe travel is essential for their journey to success. IHG is committed to the sustainable evolution of each of its brands, and as such, is working hard to strengthen Crowne Plaza's position in the market over the coming years. A multi-year brand development programme was
announced in 2011 to reflect the commitment of IHG and owners to improve the guest experience. The majority of hotels under this brand tend to be operated under franchise agreements in the US and Europe, and are managed by IHG elsewhere in the world;
Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts factsheet (PDF 1.02Mb)
- Hotel Indigo is our boutique and youngest brand, launched in 2004, and focused on a guest who appreciates art and design and who wants to experience something different. Hotel Indigo provides guests with the refreshing design and service experience synonymous with a boutique hotel. Each hotel is unique and reflects its local neighbourhood with design elements such as murals, a vibrant colour palette and locally sourced and seasonal menu items. During 2011, Hotel Indigo was awarded 'Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upscale Hotel Chains' in the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 North American Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM. Hotels under this brand are mostly operated under franchise agreements;
Hotel Indigo factsheet (PDF 1.05Mb)
- The Holiday Inn brand family, which comprises Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Club Vacations, was the world's largest midscale hotel brand by number of rooms at 31 December 2011, and is IHG's most significant operation. Focused on creating an atmosphere where guests can relax, the brand is designed to support both business and leisure travellers. Working with our owners and through their continued investment, the Holiday Inn brand family has all but completed a $1bn refresh, updating its image by upgrading facilities, service and amenities, and ensuring the brand family continues to remain competitive within its midscale markets. Recently, J.D. Power and Associates ranked Holiday Inn 'Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Mid-scale Full Service Hotel Chains' in their 2011 North American Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM. The Holiday Inn brand family adds to IHG's record of firsts, being the first international hotel chain both to open in China in 1984 and to launch a direct bookings website in 1995. The brand family operates predominantly under franchise agreements;
Holiday Inn factsheet (PDF 0.75Mb)
Holiday Inn Express/Express by Holiday Inn factsheet (PDF 0.63Mb)
Holiday Inn Brand Family factsheet (PDF 0.63Mb)
Holiday Inn Club Vacations factsheet (PDF 0.96Mb)
Staybridge Suites is our upscale extended stay brand for guests on longer trips, offering studios and suites complete with full kitchens and separate sleeping and work areas in a sociable, family-like atmosphere. It was the fastest upscale extended stay brand to reach the 50-hotel and 100-hotel milestones and in 2008, opened its first hotel in Europe, in Liverpool, UK. Since then, Staybridge Suites has expanded its footprint with locations including Cairo and Abu Dhabi in the Middle East and, most recently, in St Petersburg in Russia. Staybridge Suites is playing its role in IHG's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games by opening the Staybridge Suites London Stratford property. Located on the doorstep of the Olympic Village and at the heart of Europe's largest
shopping centre, this property will be one of the onsite hotels for the Games. Properties under this brand are operated under a mixture of franchise and management agreements; and
Staybridge Suites factsheet (PDF 1.15Mb)
- Candlewood Suites, acquired by IHG in 2003, is our North American-focused midscale extended stay brand that gives its guests all the essentials they need for a home-like stay at great value. Candlewood Suites has the most properties under development in North American midscale extended stay lodging and continues to keep its look and feel fresh. During 2011, the brand began a programme to develop a new and refreshed look and design to ensure its guest experience remains competitive and attractive. Properties under this brand tend to be operated under franchise agreements.
Candlewood Suites factsheet (PDF 0.91Mb)